Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Another All About Me example

Don’t let the curls and pearls fool you, my passion for sports burns hotter than my curling iron.
Being crowned Miss California Teen in 2010 was a huge accomplishment: a symbol of hard work and perseverance.
With the title came a crown, banner, pride, responsibilities and stereotypes.
Day by day, I learned how to roll with the punches.
Although there’s just one punch that I cannot roll with … the assumption that I cannot tell the difference between a football and a baseball.
To be honest, I would rather spend my day at a sports game than the mall, beach or a gosh darn spa.
Most girls look forward to the fall because they get to update their wardrobe for a new school year, but not me.
Why do I look forward to fall?
I can answer that question in just three words: fantasy football draft.
I enjoy sports year round, but football season is my favorite season.
If one were to read this description of me, they would probably expect me to show up in what I wore yesterday, tennis shoes, an over-sized Madden T-shirt and greasy hair.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am about as girly as they get.
I take way too long to get ready, won’t leave the house until I accessorize and have a drawer full of makeup that just keeps on growing.
To be completely honest, the sportiest that I look is when I spend two hours to dress the part.
I may know how to wave like Miss America and strut like Tyra Banks, but I also scream louder than most guys during a football game.
Sure, I have worn many crowns, but I have also worn just as many sports jerseys.
I want people to know that I am far from your stereotypical pageant girl.
My DVR will forever contain pageants and sports games.
I also want world peace.
One more thing, go Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment